cropped-short_post_logo.png
For Authentic Gossip
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Sunil gavaskar
soundarya
Sadguru
Sarvam
Premlatha
Rahul Gandhi_029
Modi Office
MK TVK
Shamik Sayak
MKStalin_018
Rahul Gandhi
Udaipur Chintan May Crown Rahul Gandhi Again, Reach Consensus On Next Two Year Plan
From the way the three-day brainstorming session of Congress in Rajasthan’s Udaipur took off on May 13 it was quite clear the focus would be more futuristic than post mortem — what happened early this year. It was decided that there would be no chintan over how it lost four state assembly elections. The shivir had already been renamed as Nav Sankalp Chintan Shivir. That is how the Congress could emerge with a formula to fight its challenges in the next two years. A number of ideas were floated .There was a proposal to ensure that party leaders don’t give tickets to their kin or relatives without any work in the party, at least 5 years of prior work in the party will be required. Indicating the return of Rahul Gandhi back as AICC president, senior Congress leader Ajay Maken said “Any person who is holding the post continuously has to step down and a cooling period of three years in case that person comes back to the same post.” Rahul had quit as Congress president in 2019 accepting responsibility for the party’s rout. Udaipur shivir is being touted as a bid to crown Rahul again as Congress chief. Those close to Rahul are not sure if the Wayanad MP could be easily persuaded.
Jayeshbhai Jordaar
Bollywood Cinema Continues Its Flop Show Run, Missing Content Wakes Up Tinsel Town
One more movie has bombed at the box office. Ranveer Singh starrer Jayeshbhai Jordaar. It is the fourth actor driven film that has evoked poor audience response. Earlier, it was Bachchhan Pandey, Jersey, and Heropanti2. Only exception in recent times was Gangubai Kathiawadi; it had versatile actress Alia Bhatt and star director Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Bollywood stars and directors need to understand that a new class of audience is emerging post-Covid pandemic. These people not only seem to smell the film in advance but have also developed a palate for OTT content and South Cinemas. Akshay Kumar must have had maximum releases in the last two years but has a poor success rate. Salman Khan’s attempt to save Antim by visiting theatres did not save the film and even Tiger Shroff who has strong youth connect had the first flop (Heropanti2) to his credit. The South Indian cinemas are thriving on star power supported by a very strong content. But in Bollywood content seems to be given short shrift. The message that is coming out loud and clear is signing up top class stars is no insurance any more. The days of star power are over. Time Bollywood wakes up and smells the coffee lest the south based stars dubbing in Hindi will emerge as the real alternative.
Chintan Shibir
Congress Chintan Crushes Many A Rajya Sabha Dream, Adopts Modi's Age Bar Plan, Party Seniors Don't Make A Scene
Looks like the Congress is emulating PM Narendra Modi’s idea of setting an upper age limit for party posts. However these copycat ideas on age-limit simply caught Congress leaders by surprise as they were brought into the public domain even without a discussion. Senior Congress leaders were gripped by a sense of uncertainty. Now it is easy to see why a senior MP such as Kapil Sibal, 73, decided to give the Udaipur event a miss as he surely must not be depending on the Congress to find him a Rajya Sabha seat. Sibal is an MP from Uttar Pradesh where the Congress has just two MLAs. Party sources also said the guest lists to the chintan shivir seemed to have been drawn up very whimsically. “Most of the leaders from election-going states such as Himachal or Gujarat were missing. They have not called MLAs. It is as if the Congress does not want to have MLAs,” said the Telangana leader. “I would be shocked if I were invited. I know Congress leadership only wants to hear nice things. They want to put Rahul Gandhi back in the saddle. So they ensured discordant voices are kept away,” says a Himachal MLA. Yet in midst of all this pick and choose, Karnataka strongman D K Shivkumar managed to take a contingent of  50 people to Udaipur. Total number of delegates allowed: 430.
HS PRANNOY
Shuttler Prannoy Records Indian History, Places India On Cusp Of Thomas Cup Glory!
H S Prannoy is the talk of the town. This 1.78 m tall shuttlecock player has placed India on the verge of a historic Thomas Cup glory. “Should India win the title in Bangkok come Sunday (May 15), it would be akin to India winning the 1983 cricket World Cup,” said Sanjay Sharma who played under Indian legend Prakash Padukone in the 1979 Thomas Cup in Kuala Lumpur. Prannoy got a direct entry into the men’s team. The Badminton Association of India (BAI) selection committee naturally chose players up to the Top 15 world rankings for the direct entry category, but made an exception in the case of 29-year-old Prannoy, ranked 23. The BAI General Secretary Sanjay Mishra said: “Since he has performed consistently at top international events, and also beat top players consistently, he was considered for selection directly, without having to participate in the trials.” And how well has the Thiruvananthapuram born Prannoy responded to the selectors’ call? Despite an ankle injury he downed Denmark’s Rasmus Gemke in the semi-final tie and Malaysia’s Jun Hao Leong earlier, in the quarter-finals. This after after Kidambi Srikanth and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/Chirag Shetty had done the spadework. Indonesia will be a tough nut to crack, and the boys coached by Padukone, Pullela Gopichand and Uday Pawar need all the luck to take India past the finishing line.

TRENDS & VIEWS

Editor’s Note: Short Post Is Here To Stay…

Time, they say, flies—and how true that is. Here we are celebrating our 5th Anniversary. Five years ago, when Covid-19 was wreaking havoc across the globe, I took a leap of faith and launched Short Post, India’s first website for Authentic Gossip. That was on January 31, 2021. I was convinced there was a clear gap in the market for gossip that was credible, sharp, and impactful—especially if told in just 250 words.

In this, I was fortunate. Scores of senior editors across diverse verticals bought into the idea and, in the process, gave wings to my dream. Quite honestly, Short Post could not have crossed these milestones without the unflinching support of its contributing editors. Like all start-ups, we have seen our share of ups and downs, but these editors have stood by us like a rock. I take this opportunity to doff my hat to them.

Thanks to their commitment, we have published close to 5,000 stories spanning politics, business, entertainment, and sports. I say this with pride: we made our mark as people who matter read us. “Small packs, big impact” truly captures the essence of Short Post.

We all know that Covid-19 has reset businesses worldwide, and the media sector is no exception. In the post-Covid era, investors have become more cautious and selective—and advertisers too. To compound matters, the entry of AI has disrupted the media landscape in equal measure. So far, we have managed to hold our ground, hopeful that some angel investors will take a shine to us.

What gives me confidence is this: AI cannot smell news—especially the gossipy kind. In other words, AI cannot churn out Short Post-type stories, no matter the prompt. That puts us in a safe zone. As someone rightly said, “AI is a co-pilot, not a pilot.”